✅ Demanding a healthy work-life balance.
- Addressing teacher burnout.
- Develop retention policies to reduce shortage.
- Creating opportunities for people to follow their passions.
- Supporting exhausted, but dedicated educators.
- Purposeful meetings that do not add trivial items to our workload.
✅ Bargaining competitive professional compensation.
- Boosting REA compensation and benefits which lag behind other districts.
- Lobbying the state for professional wages.
- Utilizing extra time bargained for work already done.
✅ Challenging the status quo test culture with: Less is more!
- Using time to teach.
- Authentic teacher assessments.
✅ Emphasizing our professional expertise.
- TPEP as a growth model.
- Elevating teacher experts to communicate with the district.
✅ Prioritizing equity and access for all.
- Addressing institutional racism impacting members and students.
- Providing tools for members to implement inclusion.
- Mentoring members of color.
- Understanding House Bill 1541.
- Sharing trauma-informed and restorative practice information.